Chris Day gives a short report about the foundation of the association, in the following interview.
Helene Widmann and Chris Day
Copyright: Markus Mayer
The IAVH is the International Association for Veterinary Homoeopathy. It was founded in 1986 with the goal of maintaining and promoting understanding in the area of homoeopathic veterinary medicine.
IAVH committed itself in particular to long-term work for the benefit of animal health within the framework of a wider medicinal perspective, and in harmony with the goals of ecological farming. Clinical research, publications and exchange of experiences within the framework of conferences and congresses as well as seminar activities and training courses in the area of veterinary homoeopathy form core areas of our work.
The construction of an international network and a representation of interests on a political level are logical consequences of the IAVH's endeavours to promote the concerns of veterinary homoeopathy world-wide. As well as the personal involvement of our members, our well-developed communication contributes towards realising IAVH's goals. The following countries are represented by a National Secretary in our association: Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Great Britain, France, Greece, Italy, Canada, the Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, the USA, Switzerland and Scandinavia. Moreover, we have members in Australia, Bulgaria, New Zealand, India, Japan, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, the Czech Republic and Turkey
What we offer
The activity of IAVH on a political level – for example in the discussion of the accreditation of homoeopathic remedies – and also as representative for interests of homoeopathic working veterinarians on national levels is understood as work for the benefit of the veterinary homeopathy in general. Additionally we offer more specific advantages and achievements to our members.
- Admittance to the international search list for homoeopathic veterinarians
- Discounts and opportunities to attend international congresses
- Contacts to working groups of homoeopathic working colleagues
- Discussion forum for veterinary homoeopathy on the internet homepage
- Procurement of traineeships and working experiences
- Advanced training and further education by certified teachers
- Acquirement of the international acknowledged IAVH certificate of a veterinary homoeopath
- Cost reduction for seminars of IAVH
- Cost reduction for veterinary homoeopathic literature and software
- Quarterly newsletter
- Free of charge advertisement in the newsletter and on the homepage of IAVH
- Information material for display in the practice